The health and safety of our patrons, performers, staff, and volunteers is our top priority. These policies have been adopted in accordance with CDC and San Diego County Health guidelines and are subject to change.
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY FOR CONCERT ATTENDEES
The Museum has updated its COVID-19 safety protocols for all concerts taking place at the Museum of Making Music. Effective immediately, concert attendees will need to do one of the following:
- Vaccinated patrons will need to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, OR...
- Unvaccinated patrons will need to present a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72-hours prior to the event.
What you need to know:
- To expedite entry to the venue, vaccine proof or negative test results can be emailed in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of vaccination can be presented via vaccine card, photo of card, or Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record from CA.gov.
- If presenting documentation at the door, please bring a matching photo ID.
- Wearing a mask in the building is required for all concert attendees regardless of vaccination status.
- All concert attendees will also be asked to sign a COVID-19 liability waiver upon arrival.
STAFF, VOLUNTEER, AND VISITOR CONDUCT FOR GENERAL ADMISSION AND/OR NON-CONCERT EVENTS
- Based upon a recent mandate from the State of California on December 13, 2021, all persons are required to wear a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- All visitors and staff are encouraged to keep at least 6 feet of distance to the best of their ability.
- There are hand sanitizer stations for visitor and staff use throughout our spaces. We also encourage visitors to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- We ask all of our guests to use hand sanitizer stations before using interactive instruments. Please use stylus (available at entrance) for touch screen interactivity.
CLEANING POLICIES AND SCHEDULE
- The Museum’s cleaning products are CDC-recommended for COVID-19 disinfection.
- We will close interactive areas once a day to allow for disinfection.
- Our staff will monitor and disinfect high-touch spaces throughout the day.
- Instruments that require special cleaning products will be handled by staff only.
- Restrooms: We ask visitors to follow the posted capacity limitations.
- Drinking Fountain: Access to the drinking fountain will be closed.
Even with these measures in place, we want to remind all guests that COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus largely transmitted through respiratory droplets. There is always a chance of contracting COVID-19 or any contagious disease when choosing to visit any public location.
Please stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms.
- A temperature over 100.1°F
- Body aches or chills
- A persistent cough or sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Flu-like stomach issues such as diarrhea or vomiting
We are more than happy to exchange admission tickets for another day if you or anyone in your party is sick.
Questions? Please call (760) 438-5996.